3.31.2010

Betta be street if he lookin' at me

Those that know me can attest to the fact that often I SOOOO wish I were black. I practice my booty poppin just about every day. I stand in the mirror for hours, working on my hip roll. And, I dip it, pop it, twerk it, stop it every chance I get!

And aside from just wanting to be black, I wanna be 'hood. Actually, I feel that because of my 2 year stint living in the South, I've already earned myself some street cred! I wanna be gangsta.

Of course, I'm not suggesting that just because you're black that means you're a ghetto gang banger. That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying, that I wanna be ghetto fab but I just can't pull it off since in reality, I'm still half white. But the brown side of me yearns to get out there and C-walk with the best of them.

Oh Destiny's Child. You know exactly what I'm talkin' bout.



I need a soldier.

3 comments:

Tutu said...

Sorry dear, but I must disagree. If you want to be all about pride and worldliness then go ghetto, but if you want to remain the sweet, beautiful uncluttered Clairee that you are, then don't go there. "I'm just sayin..."

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

ME TOO!! hahaha. That is so funny! I'm such a dirty rap girl. I can't pop, lock and drop it worth a damn, since I'm not coordinated enough, but I wish I could. Where did you live in the South? I spent a year in lower Alabama...that's where I picked up my love of gangsta rap.

Amy said...

lol, i'm 100% asian and i know how to c-walk...learned from my asian friends back in HS when i knew a lot of "fake gangsters." -embarassed-