Birthday Girl,
I found a cute, Japanese inspired, theme birthday idea online and thought I'd give it a try. So this year, we had a cherry blossom birthday.

This month you turned 2! And believe me, the bad temper and attitude set in long before...
Since we did your huge luau last year, I planned on just having a small family party this time. Well, you know how I am when it comes to birthdays and parties. I tend to go overboard.
The night before, I spent hours over at Tutu's house baking and rolling fondant.
The next day, Auntie Whitty helped me put the finishing touches on your cake while Tutu and Daddy pieced together our candy sushi. It took a lot of time and effort, but the end result was darling! Auntie made you a beautiful cake that impressed everyone! And the sushis were darling and delicious! The real California rolls and edamame we had were yummy, too!
But my favorite were the cupcakes. Strawberry, mmm! But the best part about the cupcakes were the pink icing pooplets made out of iceing. I tried so hard to be creative and a real baker so I iced the cuppies using a pastry bag thingy and fancy tips. In my head, they were gonna turn out really cutesy and professional looking. Instead, they looked like pink poop scotches. Oh well. They were still delicious and I still ate like 3 of them!

All your cousins, aunties, uncles, and best friends came to your party and spoiled you with lots of fun presents! You got so many coloring books and sidewalk chalk that you're now set for life! Though, I'm sure those books will only last you a couple months.
You absolutely LOVE to color and will do so for hours on end. Luckily, it's getting warm out so we can take a break from the books and draw cute pictures on the sidewalk, instead, with your chalk. Being outside and coloring???? OMG, 2 of your most favorite things in the whole world!!
I hope you enjoyed this last year as much as we have. There were a few rough spots, like when you were hospitalized with RSV and then continued to have wheezing episodes due to childhood asthma. Sometimes, it's all I can do to make it to the end of the day. Being a parent is HARD!!! But it's so worth it to be YOUR mommy!
I love you to pieces and I can't wait to celebrate more and more years to come! You're a beautiful baby girl. You're my baby girl. I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
xoxo
Mama
2 comments:
Awww you're such a sweet mommy!!
Wow, great job on the Cake Mommy!
Post a Comment