14.75 MILES!!!!!! CRAAAAZZZYYYY!!!
I am now telling people that I've completed a half marathon. While I haven't run an official race, I'm still calling myself a half-marathoner! And I cannot wait for this Saturday for our next team run. This week, we run 16 miles...but that ain't no thang!!
In all seriousness, the run wasn't just a walk in the park. My running mate, Dany, and I, had a really difficult time. Both suffering from a few injuries, it took us nearly 3 hours to complete. The first half of the run wasn't too bad...if you don't count having to pee your pants and getting lost.

We found our way, made it to the bathroom, and kept up a pretty good pace all through the U of U campus and to the zoo. Once we turned around at the zoo, though, it started getting rough.
Since I had just started playing rugby again that week before, I had worked myself sore at practice. My hips were cramping and hurting so badly I felt like a geriatric. And poor Dany, who was wearing new running shoes, had a blister on her foot the size of Texas. Once we got back into the canyon, we both felt like falling over in a tired, sweaty heap and waiting for Coach Dave or Tiffany to pick us up in their cars.
Every stride, my hips throbbed with pain. To make matters worse, I ended up getting a side cramp that absolutely sliced through my core. But at least slowing down to a walk would ease the pain in my hips and side. Dany on the other hand was about ready to saw off her own foot to get rid of her blisters.But about a mile out, we blasted some Bob Marley on my iPhone, sucked it up, and just sprinted the remaining distance back to the Capitol. It also helped that Coach Dave came out and ran with us. He's always a great motivating factor and helps us take our minds off our pain and exhaustion.
My hips are still sore today and I've got a date with my rugby team tonight. Hopefully I don't push myself too hard. I've gotta recover for our 16 mile run this weekend...but it ain't no thang...

GO TEAM!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment