3.24.2010

House of Death Part Deux

Following Lolli's birthday party, my mom's entire house came down with the nasties. Grandma was coughing up a lung. Brother and Mom were attempting to soothe sore throats. And even my poor niece had pink eye. It got really bad when my other niece was hospitalized for a couple days with Pneumonia.

With Lolli's track record in mind, we high-tailed it outta there and kept far a way as to avoid catching the nasties ourselves...but to no avail.

Wednesday hits and Lalea is completely trashed. With a fever pushing 105 and vomiting every 2 hours and with her history of asthma attacks, Lolli needed to see a doctor ASAP. Around 4:30am, we rolled into the ER only to have them tell us it was just a virus and it'd pass. They gave us a script for some nausea pills that of course Medicaid wouldn't cover, so we ended up shelling out $96 on about 15 teeny, dissolvable pills that Lolli kept spitting out. I love throwing $96 down the toilet.

Lolli slowly gets better and then I get sick. When I say sick, I don't mean you just feel crappy and don't wanna get out of bed. I mean you feel like you're dying and you absolutely can't get out of your bed. Thank goodness Lolli was on the mends because there was no way that I'd have been able to care for her coughing fits and vomiting while trying to control my own.

It's been nearly a week and I'm only now getting up, dressed, and out of the house. My throat is still on fire and I'm still hacking up gallons of mucus, but at least now I can semi-function. But of course now that me and Baby are better, Ry is getting sickly. The cycle never ends!

The thing I'm most worried about though, is running. Having rolled my ankle last week prior to getting sick, I haven't been able to run in nearly 8 days. I finally pulled myself onto the treadmill last night with kleenex and cough drops in tow. I barely made it 2.5 miles. Tell me how in the hell I'm gonna make it through the 18 miles I'm scheduled to run with the team this weekend?!?!? I have NO idea. I'm gonna try and run 5 miles tonight and tomorrow. I hope I don't die. Pray for me.

2 comments:

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

Sounds like buckets of mucus and puke! Gross. Dude I'm so sorry. At least you're good for the season of the flu! Good luck on your run. I'm sure your body will get your through it. ;)

Amy said...

awww, i hope you get better in time to train!! it SUCKs being sick!! i just got over being sick myself - it's horrible. I think its b/c of the weather changing right? everyboyd has been sick!

i wasn't as sick as you...throwing up the worseeeeee.