When I groggily got myself out of bed, I told myself I'd run the 10 miles around the neighborhood on my own. But another family Easter egg hunt and an entire bag of Cadbury mini eggs later, I was way too lethargic and full to even move. I vowed to run the following day.
Once again, the day started off with sleeping in WAY too late. It wasn't noon, but it was still pretty late. We had to rush over to my mom's house for lunch and another Easter egg hunt with the grand babies. And lemme tell you, by this point, Lolli was an Easter egg hunting queen! She rounded up TONS of eggs. Actually, all of the babies were quite good at it. Though, whenever candy is involved, they're good at anything!After the hunt, I continued to stuff my face with egg salad sandwiches, See's chocolate eggs, and Reese's bunnies. By the time we left my mom's house, I was crying for my stretchy pants! And even worse? We were due at Ry's mom's house in less than 2 hours for another Easter feast! (Having lots of family around is fun, but it sure gets busy and tiresome and can cause you to gain a few pounds.)
So when we got home, instead of lazing around and watching trashy T.V. or crawling into bed to take a nap like I wanted to, I threw on my workout gear and hit the pavement.
The first 5 miles were cake. I had adrenaline coursing through my veins and was starting to feel the effects of the carb BOOM! i had downed just prior to leaving mi casa.
I get to about 5.5 miles and stop to grab a swig of water and throw back another gel. Waiting for the gel to kick in, I take off again for another lap around the neighborhood. Dunno what happened but it was all I could do to keep putting one foot in front of the other for the next 3 miles. My body felt SOOOO heavy. Maybe I should have held off on eating that 2nd helping of baked beans at my mom's. Or maybe it was that handful of Swedish fish in between the bite-size Milky Way and Snicker's that I inhaled??? Whatever the reason, those 3 miles were killer!!
But then, an Easter miracle! My iPod, which was on shuffle, started kicking out songs with raging beats. I felt the adrenaline rush back in and noticed my stride started to synch with the beat of the music. And before I knew it, I was off again! I finished the last 2.5 miles in record time.
My husband picked me up and we headed over to my in-laws where I consumed 23 slices of glazed ham and about 19 pounds of funeral potatoes. Good thing I did run those 10 miles because I may have helped myself to a little too much cream for my bowl of strawberries.
I could never be anorexic. I love food.
3 comments:
I'm glad you are better!!!
don't edit my comment, even if it makes you crazy lol
hahaha! I'm with ya on all of these, except the lay/lie one, because I wasn't educated enough on it! I'm not to stupid, I'm two stupid....its embarrassing...... oh ouch, it hurts too even pretend lol And axually, your not to puticular, your just intelligent and would appreciate some intelligence in return :)
Post a Comment