4.12.2010

Training Day 17 - Provo River Parkway

Remember how pumped I was back in February when I ran 10 miles down in Vegas? Well, those 10 miles were NOTHING compared to the 17.5 I ran yesterday.

17.5 miles.

Seventeen and one half miles.

I ran 17.5 miles down the Provo River Parkway.

Well sure I can't walk today nor can I pick up my child without feeling like my lumbar spine is about to splinter into a thousand million pieces...but damn it! I ran 17.5 miles!

All joking aside, this has come to be one of my greatest life accomplishments. I couldn't be more proud, impressed, or fulfilled. The only thing that could be better is completing 26.2 miles on May 15th. Can't wait!!

A huge !THANK YOU! to everyone who has helped me get to this point. Whether you supported me financially by making donations to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society or you simply sent good and positive vibes my way, I thank you a million times over.

There's no way I could have come this far by myself, and I've still got so much farther to go. I welcome your continued support and can't wait to cross that finish line.

17.5 miles down, 8.7 more to go!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

holy shiz...i'd die if i run even 1 mile. 17.5?!?! i'm so proud of you :) its a HUGE accomplishment so feel free to boast! haha.

kacy faulconer said...

That quote has given me much to think about.