1.26.2010

Training Day 9 - Sugarhouse Park

In contrast to my run last weekend up Wasatch Blvd., this run through Sugarhouse was absolutely AMAZING!!! As always, the first two miles were killer, especially because we had to trek up a couple long hills. But once we got out of the park and started running up 1500 E, it was smooth sailing. There were a few little hills, but nothing impossible.

Once we got to the turn-around point, we started cruising back. We picked up our pace, I'd estimate, by at least a minute. It was wonderful! By the time we got back to our cars, I was tired, but I felt like I could go for another couple miles. Is running really getting that much
easier? Am I a real runner now?!?

I dunno if I'm a real runner yet, but after this coming Saturday, I most definitely will be. I signed up to run my very first official race. It's the Hale Freezes Over 5k down in Orem and it's put on and supports the Hale Center Theater. Being a huge fan of musical theater, I decided this was the perfect event to kick off my running career. I really wanted to do the 10k, but there's a chance I might go snowboarding after the race and I figured 7 miles right before snowboarding might be a little exhaustive. Regardless, I'm SUPER excited to run this weekend. I will miss my team and sad that I won't be running 8 miles with them through SLC. However, I know they'll miss me too and will be cheering me on!

7.62 miles!!






















GO TEAM!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Lady said...

You are definitely a real runner are you kidding? You try so hard and that is all that matters!!!

Kaylee said...

It definitely sounds like you're making a lot of progress! That's so great, and I'll be cheering you on during your 5k as well :D

Victoria Elder said...

Good job! seriously doing so awesome! umh this blog layout is super cute too by the way