Surfing through the channels, getting frustrated that there was NOTHING on, I stubled across a film called Spirit of the Marathon. It's a documentary that was done back in 2007 about the Chicago marathon. The film focused on 2 elite runners and 3 other amateur runners, one of which was almost 70 years old!The movie chornicled the athletes' journey beginning with their very first step of training and ending with their very last step across the finish line.
Watching this film, I bawled the entire time. All I could think about was how much I longed for the chance to cross the finish line myself, wearing my own number and being cheered on by my own family.
This story of perserverance and determination made me realize that running the Ogden marathon will be one of the greatest, most rewarding, hardest, and most humbling experiences of my entire life. I want this. I need this. I have to do this for myself.
Spirit of the Marathon, along with all my wonderful teammates, supportive friends, and loving family have left me with a renewed hunger to run.
Thank you, a million times over.
2 comments:
We are SO cheering you on with this marathon!!!!! YAY I know you'll do fabuloussssss!
Oh, and I'm so glad you didn't poop your pants..... kinda hard to potty train Lolli when you can't set the example lolllll
I don't think I've appropriately told you how proud I am of you. Go COOZLE! You freaking rock. Wish I could join you in your sweet endeavor. My physique should be on hold for a while though...and I'll have to purchase some new knees if I ever really want to try and accomplish a life long of running the marathon. I'll just cheer you on and live vicariously through the Cal-icle. :)
Post a Comment