I LOVE lists!! Why didn't I know that the Secret Society of List Addicts existed?!? I've already gotten so many fun ideas for posts from their blog. Including this...
What I'd do if money were no object:
Pay off all my debt
I guess if money were no object, I wouldn't have any debt. But as it stands, I've got like a million credit cards, 19 school loans, and like 80 car payments. So, debt would have to be the first thing to go. I ain't owing anyone anything!
Pay off my parent's debt
I had to learn my poor money management skills somewhere, right? Both my husband's and my mother have incurred some debt of their own, including their homes and cars. If I paid off all my mom's debt, there's no question who the favorite child would be...like there was ever any doubt anyways ;)
Buy houses
Right now, I'd be happy with A-house. But if money weren't a thang, you better believe I'd keep multiple homes in Santa Barbara, San Diego, Park City, Miami, Hawaii, New York, and Australia. I've got places to go! Which leads me to my next item...
Travel
And I ain't talking about flying coach and staying at a Best Western. I'd be "Paying cash,first class,sitting next to Vanna White" And since I'd own a house in most of the cities I'd already be visiting frequently, lodging would be taken care of as well as transportation, because of course, every house we own has a 3 car garage, each stocked with a sports car, sadan, and SUV.
Build rock crawlers
Poor Ryan has sold every single one of his Jeeps. He's been reduced to driving a Toyota Yaris. Definitely not manly. I'd buy Ry his unlimited Rubicon and then let him go to town on lifts, lockers, bead locks, roll cages, stingers, etc. Even more fun, I'd sponsor him in building a tube chassis buggy. Then, we'd forget Moab and instead go Aussie to crawl our beasts!!
Commission a chopper from OCC
I don't care who you are, choppers are super sexy. And though American Chopper has turned into just one more dramatic reality show, it doesn't negate the fact that they build some of the most beautiful bikes known to mankind.
Hire a chef and personal trainer
Can you imagine just how skinny I'd be if I had someone cook for me and make me work out?
Purchase Betsey Johnson's entire line
I love me some Betsey Johnson and her 80's prom-esque style. Her leather purses are my favorite bags of all time and I love her funky and chunky jewelry pieces.
Establish a need-based scholarship
I'm a huge supporter and advocate of higher education. I also know how expensive college can be and I would not have been able to afford to attend if it weren't for the scholarships I received.
Host extravagant parties
I love hanging out with friends and I love throwing big events. I'd find every excuse to plan the most awesome galas and soirees for families, friends, and charities.
What are some things you'd do if money were no object?
3 comments:
If money were no object - first, I'd buy my parents two houses; one here and one in Egypt where all our relatives live. Then... well, I don't know, I never fantasize about these things! I guess I would buy myself a phone, laptop, and car. And I would donate to your fundraising campaign :D
P.S. Good luck with your goals from the previous entry! I think it's great that you have 3 main ones to focus on :)
Haha my mom likes to make lists, as well as I, but she made a list similar to this. She is very hopeful of winning the lottery and although she wins the $5 and sometime $10 lotteries, she's never one the bigtime lottery. She imagines what she will buy and whatnot once she wins the lottery (as if its a sure thing)
Oh you are my favorite daughter!! But if money were no object I would buy all my children homes and a dog, then sell my home and travel and stay in my kids' new homes in between!! xoxoxox
Post a Comment