1.28.2010

Game Addiction


I've never been a gamer. I don't really like video games or computer games and I've never really played any games on my phone. But I've found myself perpetually glued to my Words with Friends app that I downloaded on my iPhone. Pretty much, it's Scrabble and it's SOOOO addicting!

You sign up with a user name and then you can find your friends' user names and start a remote game with them. Or, you can choose to have the app pair you up with some random opponent. You play just like Scrabble. You have different letter tiles that you place on the board to build different words. There are other colored places on the board that offer things such as double letter points and triple word points. Take advantage of those spots to score the maximum amount of points for your word.

My personal record is 74 points. I was feeling pretty good about that until one of my other friends I was playing against unleashed a 87 point word on me! But even worse, my husband was playing against some random opponent and got hosed by a word worth 107 points!!! Out of control! I think he decided to resign right then. He only had like 36 points or something like that! Poor Ryan.

Anyone else have this app? Anyone care to challenge me to a game?? Look me up! My user name is cschoeny. What's yours?

4 comments:

Victoria Elder said...

GAME ON!!!!! username: victoriaelder

Kaylee said...

I don't have an iPhone, but I kinda want one just so I can play that game! lol.

Every once in a while I get addicted to little online games (like the ones on omgpop.com). There's a game like Pictionary! :P

Lady said...

I LOVE SCRABBLE. When I have nothing to do I play scrabble, it helps me learn new words and it makes me happy lol.

Katy said...

I love video games but it's so hard to start one because you know it's so time consuming ... my favorite games are The Sims and Sim City. =P