1.21.2010

Training Day 8 - Wasatch Blvd


I thought our Gardner Village run was hard?? That was a freaking cake walk compared to my last team run!

Starting near Coach Dave's house on Wasatch Blvd, we proceeded to run all the way up to Little Cottonwood Canyon and pass La Caille restaurant. If you've ever drive that 8 mile stretch, then you probably already know why I struggled to complete my run.

HILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The entire 8 miles was nothing but rolling hills. And not just teeny tiny bumps in the road. I'm talking long, steep inclines covering mile after mile. Just when I'd peak one hill, I'd find myself starring up from the bottom of an even steeper and longer one! My buns were BURNING by the end of the run! Good thing Coach Dave cooked us breakfast after the run, or else, I'd say it wasn't worth it ;)

It was a difficult run, and my running mate Dany and I did have to walk a portion of it, but it was most definitely worth every step! Another 8 miles down, only 18.2 more to go!!


GO TEAM!!!!

No comments: