1.22.2010

Labor of Love


Naughty Lolli-

These last few months you have been SOOOO naughty! But, only because you've been learning so much. Still, you seem to be permanently seated in your time-out chair.

Because you've grown more independent and have learned to communicated more effectively, you've started telling me and Daddy "no" a lot more. Umm, please stop doing that! We're you're parents. We love you and know what's best for you...like nursery.

I don't get it. The first couple times you went to nursery, you absolutely loved it. Now, it's a constant battle to even get you in the door. I promise I'm not leaving you there forever! I always come back to get you, right? Though, I will admit, the last few Sunday's you have done surprisingly well in nursery. Instead of having to sit with you for the entire two hours, I've managed to slip away after only about 15 minutes! That's a real improvement! Still, the second you realize I'm gone, I can hear you start wailing through the door. Why are you so sad? All your friends are there to play with you and your teachers sing you songs and give you snacks. I'd LOVE to be back in nursery again! I love gold fish and juice! Hopefully, over the next few weeks, though, you'll continue to get acclimated to nursery. I'm hoping by February, you'll actually start looking forward to going to nursery each week. That will be our goal!

Another frustrating habit you've picked up is spitting out your food. No. Not spitting, rather, letting it fall out of your mouth. The second a food that you don't like hits your tongue, you sit there with your mouth wide open until the "yucky" morsel slides out and on to the floor. Most of the time you don't even chew it. How do you know you don't like it if you don't at least give it a try? And who doesn't like cinnamon rolls and mangoes?!?! I swear. Sometimes you are NOT my child.

And another thing: why do you insist on coloring on everything but in the pages of your coloring book? The walls, couch, Daddy’s church pants, plates, and tortillas are NOT for you to draw on. Good thing we bought you washables.

Lastly, aren’t you tired yet of Baby Einstein? You’ve seen every single episode about a zillion times. The same goes for Ice Age. It’s super frustrating when I’m trying to work on the computer and you sit there whining and crying for “Sid! Watch Sid!” And if I don’t surrender the computer and turn on Ice Age? You start screaming! We need to pull the plug on this TV habit, pronto. I ain’t raisin’ no couch potato!

Little Lolli, you are just getting too smart for your own good. Between repeating everything you hear and attempting to use the computer mouse to surf the web, you have been quite a handful lately. But, with all your mischievous endeavors, you’ve actually developed into a very bright and clever girl. Daily, I’m impressed and surprised by the things you’ve learned. I hope that I will be more patient with you and take more time in the future to work with you and help develop your skills. You truly are intellectually advanced for your age and I will always encourage your cognitive development and education.

You have so much potential, Lālea, and I hope you always make the right decisions so that you may live up to your full stature as a smart, beautiful, and loving daughter of our Heavenly Father. And if you happen to stumble along the way and make some silly choices, just know that Daddy and I will always love you. I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you for always. As long as I’m living, my baby you’ll be.

Mahal kita, my Lollipop.

xoxo
Mama

No comments: