While I'm not political in any way, nor do I pose to have an extensive knowledge on Proposition 8, I do have one thing to say regarding the entire ordeal; how sad it is to see the ignorance and hypocrisy of the world.
To quote Paul Bishop, a 31-year veteran of the LAPD and strong member of the LDS church
"Tolerance is not agreement and should not be a one way street. However, we must still remain tolerant of those who are intolerant of us."
And while the adversary continues to pit the world against us, we must use this as an opportunity to strengthen our own faith by continuing to pray, worship, and share our testimonies. Just as Elder Hales suggests,
"We can take advantage of such opportunities in many ways: a kind letter to the editor, a conversation with a friend, a comment on a blog, or a reassuring word to one who has made a disparaging comment. We can answer with love those who have been influenced by misinformation and prejudice."
1 comment:
I have been thinking about this a lot lately and all I have to say is AMEN.
Post a Comment