11.09.2010

Tenaya Way

The first time I met Tenaya was a little less than a year ago. Ry and I were down in Vegas to celebrate Birthdavalenersary. After a long night of partying and dancing - (Yeah right. We're an old married couple now. Partying for us means we stay up until 1am playing Words With Friends. And as far as dancing goes, my husband is white. Need I say more?) - I roused myself at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning, leaving the comfort of my warm bed, and spent my morning sweating and heaving with Tenaya.

Well, this most recent trip to Vegas, I once again crawled out of my warm bed in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday and geared up to spend the next 4 hours with Tenaya.

As intimately connected as Tenaya and I have become, especially after this last trip, I can honestly say I'm not too fond of her. It will be all too soon if I have to spend one more minute with her. Running 20 miles down Tenaya Way is not something I plan to make a habit of when visiting Vegas. As far as I'm concerned, my relationship with Tenaya is over. Nice knowing ya!

Though, I must admit, she was kind to me during those first 10 miles back in February, helping me run the farthest distance I had ever run up until that point. And this time around, she even helped me set a personal record for the 20 miles I just ran, 03:55:34! On top of that, Tenaya provided me with a nice flat course, wide shoulders, and lots of sidewalks. She even supplied many gas stations and available bathroom/water stops along the way. How very considerate of her!

Still, I'm not ready for another visit. This past run took it out of me. Until the marathon....

1 comment:

B.J. said...

Gina told me that she read this not knowing you were talking about a street and thought "What if this poor girl reads Cali's blog? She's going to be so upset!"