11.15.2010

Christmas Shoes

I swear, each year they start playing Christmas music earlier and earlier. The day after Halloween, the non-stop music started on FM 100 and KOSY 1065. I can't really complain, though, 'cause I really enjoy Christmas music. But, I do think it's crazy that we haven't even had Thanksgiving yet and there are already houses displaying Christmas trees in their bay windows. Poor Thanksgiving. Christmas is stealing your thunder!

Anyways, I'm driving home after a run and I tune into KOSY. Through the static of flipping though channels I hear, "Sir, I wanna buy these shoes for my mama, please."

I literally screamed and punched the dial button to off. Not even exaggerating one little bit.

I hate hate HATE that song with the fire of a thousand suns!!! It's so cheesy, corny, and saturated in sap that I wanna throw up just thinking about the ridiculousness of it.

Now, I'm too scared to ever turn the radio back on for fear of that horrible song violating my ears.

~shudder~

3 comments:

Nikki Neurotic said...

I love that comic! I actually dislike pretty much any Christmas song so I'm dreading the moment I cannot turn on the radio until after the holidays. Call me a Scrooge but I cannot wait for Christmas to be done and over with.

Elaine said...

Hahahaha, that comic is AWESOME.

www.clothedmuch.com

Anonymous said...

Hate, hate, hate that song, too. Gag me.