8.21.2010

Run, Forrest, run!


Waking up at 6:15am is absolutely disgusting. There was no part of me that wanted to be out of bed this morning. And to make matter worse, once I drug myself out of bed, I was supposed to run 10 miles. Ugh!!!

But, I did it. Even more importantly, Ryan did it, too.

Ryan ran all 10 miles. Ten freakin' miles!!! That's the farthest he's ever ran in his entire life!!!

Last Saturday, Ry and I did dual 5 mile runs, one at 7:30am and the second at 7:30pm. At that point, 5 miles was the farthest Ry had ever run.

The week following the dual runs, Ryan didn't run at all. Not a single mile nor a single step. He did nothing this past week. I was actually really worried about him, not knowing how he'd possibly be able to run 10.

But the boy surprised me! Not only did he complete all 10 miles, he also did it at a pretty quick pace. He was leaving me in his dust!

I was so proud of him...then pissed. Ryan is better than me at everything else in life, except for running. Now, he's gonna take that from me, too!!!! He's all talking about how he should have just ran an extra 3 miles for the hell of it so he can say he did a half-marathon...

Who does he think he is?!?!? Half-marathons, training, and running in general is my thing!!!! Shoot...

Well, at least now I'll have a partner in crime.

3 comments:

Nikki Neurotic said...

One of my blogging friends woke up at 4:30 on a Saturday to try to go running. 6:30 doesn't sound too bad.

Maybe you'll have more motivation with a running partner?

Anonymous said...

Waking up at 6:15 is sleeping in for me. I get up at 4am to hit the gym, but oh em gee I could NEVER run for 10 miles, or even 5, heck, I can't even run 1 mile straight without stopping for a breather and some h2o.
I give you (and your new running partner) credit!

BTW, nice blog. This is my first time here. :)

Amy said...

lol thats so totally cute. :) and yes, be glad you have a running partner in crime! and dont worry...you'll always kick his ass. ;)