For months now I've been dreaming of the day when Lolli would be out of diapers. Diapers are friggin' expensive and frankly, I could think of better ways to spend $20. Since I work and Lolli goes over to Grandma's most days, I've put off potty training until I finished up at work. Well, that time has come. A few weeks ago, Cousin Lili got a cool potty watch. It can be set in 30, 60, or 90 minute
increments.
increments. When the timer is finished counting down, it flashes and plays music, reminding the tot that it's time to go sit on the pot. Lolli loved that potty watch and was super jealous of Lili. For about 2 weeks straight, Lolli had been bugging me for a watch of her own.
Thursday, I went to K-Mart and bought her a bunch of "big girl" panties. On Friday, I finally bought her the coveted potty watch, and with that thing strapped to her wrist, we dove head first...or I guess bum first...into potty training.
Friday night was horrible. Just minutes before Lolli's potty watch would sound, sure enough, she would have an accident in her pants. I don't know that she made it to the toilet once. Our bathroom floor was littered with about 5 pairs of wet undies and pants within 2 hours. That's a lot of pee!!
I was nervous for her to go to bed. I made a little pallet for her on the floor with a towel and everything and even camped out next to her in case she got up in the middle of the night to go. Surprisingly, she woke up the next morning not soaking wet, but just a little damp. And after waking up, the first thing we did was march to the toilet to go potty, and she went! Success!!!
Saturday was a much better day...if you discount the fact that she not only peed in her pants but pooped in them...twice. By Saturday night, she was finally getting the hang of it, telling us that she needed to go before she went in her pants. A few times, though, we were able to make some of it in the toilet.
Today, I think we finally had a break through. She finally started telling us that she needed to go potty before it actually started running down her leg. I thought everything was just great, until she had an accident right during church. Not only did she wet her undies and church dress, she also peed on my sweater. Thanks, Lolli. And that wasn't the only time she peed on me today. We were at the playground and she's climbing up this ladder. During mid climb, she stops, lifts her leg and says, "Uh oh!" Faster than I could get her down from the ladder, she starts flowing...right on to my foot. Double thanks.
Tonight she did really well. No accidents since the playground incident. And though we've had a couple set backs, I think we're making progress. I'm hoping that over the next 2 days it'll finally click.
Keep your fingers crossed...and your legs.
6 comments:
Duh - Pull ups for bedtime and church!!!! Lili sits on the pot every few minutes just so she can get the treat. I told her now, gross as it may be, that I need to check the pot each time she says she went.
She'll get there, it sounds like she's doing really good so far-potty training can take weeks (or months) but she'll get there.
So how's the potty training doing now? I've been hearing a lot of potty training stories from my mommy coworkers. I used to think children just learn that naturally (what??). Haha.
She's not even 3 yet-- Sounds like I have something to look forward to.
Good job Lolli! You're a big girl now! I'm pulling a trick your daddy pulled on me a long time ago, "You're one of us now!" Have fun Cal! Sounds like she's doing pretty good! It's kind of an irritating adventure but will make you so proud of her at the same time!
Potty training is always hectic, but I am sure you will do great. Love the watch too, seems like a great idea.
Post a Comment