I finally maneuver my way out of the complex, nearly rolling my car in the process. After almost sliding off the road, I finally make it on to the freeway, thinking that the snowplows surely would have made a few passes by now. Wrong.
The freeway was just as bad as my complex. The roads were completely iced over and the snow was still coming. White knuckled, I drove no faster than 30mph toward Salt Lake. And it wasn't just me. Every other car on the freeway was creeping along just as slowly.
After driving nearly 45 minutes, I finally made it to north Orem. With good road conditions, that drive usually takes me at the most 15 minutes. There was no way I was getting to Bountiful on time. So, I carefully exited the freeway, then jumped back on to head back home.
Just as well, I got to crawl back into bed and snuggle the morning away instead of freezing my butt off, pounding the pavement in Bountiful. Now, though, I've just gotta will myself to go out and run on my own. I already slacked off on my run on Tuesday and yesterday. Though, in my own defense, Fridays are scheduled rest days and Tuesday, I was expecting to use it as a cross training day since I always play volleyball Tuesday nights. So, don't judge me! Regardless, I'd better get my butt off the couch and hope on a treadmill in the very least...
...maybe after I digest these jalapeno hot dogs...
No comments:
Post a Comment