Lolli Polli Puddin' Pie-You're 18 months old, which means you're FINALLY in nursery! Tell you what, this day couldn't have come sooner! We love, love, LOVERS you but you've been getting progressively harder to sedate during church. You're just to eager to play, laugh, and run around. Before nursery, I couldn't recall the last time Daddy and I had stayed for all 3 hours of church. By the time Sacrament was over, you had filled your quota of quiet time, as far as you were concerned. There was no way you were going to willingly sit reverently through 2 more hours of church! So, thank goodness for nursery! And, thank goodness you love it so much!
You've only been attending nursery for 3 weeks, but you already get excited to play the second we walk into the church building. Since you love music and dancing so much, your favorite part of nursery is sitting in your mini-chair and banging the drum sticks together while you sing primary songs. You've also taken to coloring. Though you often eat the crayons, you've already colored me wonderful pictures of Moses and the 10 Commandments and even pictures of puppies and sunshine.
Aside from honing in on your artistic skills, you've continued to expand your vocabulary this month. You've learned two new animal sounds, a horse and a piggy. You also can say "I love you" in both English and Tagalog. And every time you get hungry now, you'll either make the sign for food or say "bite" or "apple." You can even point to pictures of your friends and family and say their names. Your favorite picture to point to is of Darren. "Dee Dee!" you'll say and then beg to go over to his house to play.
Because you can talk so well now, Daddy and I have to be even more careful of what TV shows you watch and the language we use around you. You're so smart that you pick up and copy everything you see or hear. So, we've attempted to cut back on the amount of TV you watch, but we still can't break you from Sponge Bob of Baby Einstein. You love Sponge Bob so much that Mommy bought you a pair of Sponge Bobby jammies and Daddy even bought you your very own stuffed Sponge Bob. You LOVE wearing those jammies and pointing to the big Sponge Bob on your tummy. And, you love to cuddle with your plush Spongy. He's just about replaced your pink giraffe that you sleep with at night.
Still, your favorite things to cuddle are Mommy, Daddy, and Moku Bear. And you're such a good cuddler, too! I hate that you'll grow up and will stop wanting to snuggle. So, for the time being, I'll get as much snuggling time in with you as I can! But, you're such a sweet and affectionate girl that I don't think you'll ever truly stop giving loves.
I love you very much and I'm so happy to have such a sweet and smiley little girl like you. Thank you for your kisses and for the laughter and light you bring to our family. I only hope you get as much joy out of spending time with me as I do with you. I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be!
xoxo
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment