9.30.2009

Dr. Tom


This morning I went to the dentist. Believe it or not, this was a welcomed trip. I've had a killer toothache for the past couple of weeks and I've been dying to get it checked out. Plus, Dr. Tom doesn't skimp on the gas, so I was excited to have an "uplifting" morning.

After checking out my mouth, Dr. Tom gives it to me straight: "You may need a root canal."

Wait! What??? Rewind it back!

"You may need a root canal," said Dr. Tom.

"Uh, 'may' as in, not required?" said the high-as-a-kite Me.

"Well, it could just be a bad filling that's rubbing up against the nerve. If so, we'll just have to redo it. But if that's not the case, then yeah. You'll need a root canal. Either that or we pull your tooth. Good news is, this is one I can do myself. Usually we send out for root canals, but I can do this one, if need be.

TIME OUT AGAIN!!!!

Did you just say that it's either root canal or pull the thing out?!? Do I not get a say in this? Don't I have any other options? Shoot, I'd even take a cavity at this point, but a root canal? And the fact that you can do the root canal yourself instead of sending me to an independent contractor is somehow supposed to make the whole situation ok???

All I know is that if Dr. Tom thinks he's doing a root canal on these bicuspids, then he'd better crank that gas up full blast and give me a triple shot of Novocain with a side of Percocets. Homey don't play that.

3 comments:

Victoria Elder said...

Ouch i've had a few root canals ick not my fav thing

Barry and Rochelle said...

Root Canal just sounds scary - and the price is scary - but the pain level is less than it is to fill a cavity. It was for me, anyways. And if you get a root canal, you'll never have pain in that tooth again.

I'm always hesitant to leave comments on your blog because some of your readers are uber opinionated and take it as a personal hit if a comment is left that differs from their opinion. So in advance of everyone telling you how crappy root canals are and that I suck, in my own experience (I've only had one) it wasn't so bad and alot less painful then filling cavities.

Tutu said...

Bahahahahaha!!!!