9.11.2009

House of Death


It all began about 2 days ago. Lollipoppers was acting really cranky and being pretty clingy. After shooing her away for the billionth time, I turn to her just in time to see her vomitting all over the kitchen floor.

I went to work later that day and came home to a frantic husband. Lolli had spent the entire day throwing up in her room. We thought that maybe it was just the dairy getting to her, so we switched her bottles to juice. Nope. Not just the dairy. This little girl was full on sick.

Luckily, she had a doctor's appointment the next day, and Doc checked her out and said she definitely had the flu but was on the mend. Pumping her full of Pedialyte and saltine crackers, we were finally able to get Baby back to her normal, silly self.

Nonetheless, that was not the end of the vomit.

Last night, I started getting the body aches and pains. At about 9pm, I decided to call it a night since my tummy started getting a bit queasy, too. So, Lolli and I curl up in bed and wait for Daddy to get home from class to snuggle us. Next thing I know, I'm hugging porcelain, spewing Hawaiian pizza and cupcakes into the toilet bowl. I finally make it back to bed only to be running back to the bathroom with an explosion coming out the other end!

And it gets worse: Ryan has come down with it, too. In his own words via his Facebook status,

"There's something incredibly humbling about being in full embace with the toilet bowl you were just sitting on, now violently throwing up uncontrolably through the mouth and nose."

Now brothers and sisters, there's nothing funny about the puke 'n' duke. While you may find our pain and suffering amusing, try spending the night blasting ham and pineapple out your butt hole in to the toilet and simultaneously hurling red velvet cupcakes into the bathtub. It ain't no laughing matter.

2 comments:

Gina Driggers said...

Oh man, if you dont want us to laugh then dont write in such hilarity! I'm glad you're feeling better tho, and you weren't contageous on sat cause BJ and I are both still in tip top shape. I've had that dilema before, being so sick from both ends you have to decide which one gets the toilet-yucky and NOT fun!

Tutu said...

Love the graphic detail. I can sympathize. Now you can feel my pain whenever anybody says "How bout pizza and wings?" following Ryan's attempt to poison me!!