
I swore that I'd never ever start scrapbooking for as long as I live. As mentioned before, I am wholly and completely non-crafty. But most importantly, I never wanted to get into scrapbooking because if I did, it would serve as proof that I had fully succumb to all the cheesiness of Utah.
Alas, I finally broke down and did it. My cousin just made it too easy. She has all the paper, the double-sided adhesive dots, embellishments, stickers, and stamps. She even has a Cricut.
So after successfully completing my very first scrapbook page last night, I got the itch. I wanted to keep going. All it took was that first one. Now that I know I can do it, I no longer feel overwhelmed or creatively-challenge. So to feed this new found addiction, I went over to my cousin's again today to try for page number 2.
I'm sitting in the the middle of the floor amid a spray of paper and pictures. Though, I'm not making much progress cuz Lil Miss Lollipop is wreaking havoc with all the scrapbooking supplies. She's getting sticky fingers all over my photos, sucking on glue sticks, and wielding scissors. I'm about to lose it.
Instead of drop kicking her across the room, I take her by the shoulders, look her square in the eyes and say:
"I'm trying to do something constructive and you're being destructive. "
With inflection Lolli says, "Huh?"
"That's right. They rhyme because they're opposites. As in, you need to stay on the opposite side of the room from me."
Before I could rebuke her further, she drops the scissors, throws her arms around my neck, and pats me on the back. I was just about to melt into the hug and squeeze her back when she pulls away, walks across to the other side of the room, sits down and plays with her toys. She looks back up at me and offers the hugest, toothiest, Spongebobbiest smile ever.
I'm a horrible, mean, cold-hearted mother.
1 comment:
I am proud of you. Keep up the good work. Happy Scrapbooking!:)
Post a Comment