6.03.2010

UFC Fan Expo

For the long Memorial Day weekend, we decided to trip it down to Vegas.

My main man and I, along with the masses, went to Mandalay Bay for the UFC Fan Expo.

IT. WAS. SO. COOL.

Seeing all the fighters in person was almost surreal...and in some cases, disappointing.

Tito Ortiz aka The Huntington Beach Badboy aka the love of my life...yeah, not that awesome in person. He was a lot smaller than I imagined him being. He still had a ginormous noggin, but the rest of him was not that impressive. Still, don't think for one second I wouldn't have made out with him right then and there if he'd asked me to! Ryan wouldn't have minded. There was way too much booty meat prancing around in panties and bikini tops for him to even have noticed!

I did, however, enjoy meeting Herb Dean. He's actually a pretty big dude! He was a little pudgy when I put my arm around him to pose for the picture, but I'm sure he was thinking the exact same thing about me!

It was also fun to meet Brandon Vera. He's a fellow Flip but was raised in the states. Still, he's fluent in Tagalog and Ry had a blast chatting it up with him in the native tongue. And I must admit, Brandon Vera was pretty impressed by Ry's Tagolog skills...and mine, too!! What, with like the 3 phrases I know how to say in Tagolog?!?! I even got Lalea to say "mahal kita."

I'm telling you, Lalea was the key to this entire expo. All the fighters thought she was adorable and had us bring her to the front of the line. Roy Nelson even had Ry set her up on the signing table to take a picture with him. She was our all access pass!!! I thought it was gonna be HORRIBLE bringing a 2 year old to an overcrowded expo. But little did we know, she was the secret weapon! Her cuteness got us free shirts, awesome pictures, and even a table out in the crowded foyer during the lunch rush!! Thanks, Lollipop!!

Aside from having to stand in long-ass lines in order to meet the fighters, it was an awesome experience. I'm so mad we didn't go back for the second day of the expo. Next year we'll be sure to go for both days. It was totally worth it. If you're into MMA, I highly recommend attending the UFC Fan Expo.

Go get your fight on!!!

No comments: