Yesterday I had a whole laundry list of chores to do on my day off, including laundry. ironically enough. I was in my room separating the colors from the whites (BTW not a racist remark. Totally talking about clothes right now!) when I realize it's really quiet.Everyone who has kids knows that when it gets quiet, it means your children are doing something naughty. So I yell out to Lolli and ask her what she was doing. She replied that she was coloring her Dora book. She loves to color and will do it for literally an hour straight. So I just figured she was in the other room, coloring away and was fine.
Not 10 minutes later, the girl comes running in to my room, bare buns.
"Poo poo, mommy."
I turn her around and sure enough, there's poo all over her little chubby bum. But it doesn't stop there. The poo is running down her leg, down her foot, into her shoe. I lift her foot up, and there's an entire turd stuck to the bottom of her sandal.
I scream and rush into the nursery to clean her up. As I'm crossing the hallway, I step in something kinda squishy. I look down, and low and behold, I've stepped in another turd. After screaming, I look around and see that the entire nursery is covered in poo and sandal foot prints. There are turds left and right and little nuggets scattered everywhere. It was all I could do not to wring my child's neck. Instead, I cried.
I throw Lolli in the bath then go to work on trying to scrub out the carpet. In the process, I call my husband and start yelling at him like it's all his fault. He simply says, "Put her on time out."
Time out? Really? The child covers our house in freakin' manure and you're saying all I need to do is put her on time out like that's gonna solve everything?!!!??!!
"Lolli, you sit in time out while I scourge the carpet and sanitize all your toys, clothes, blankets, bookshelves, door knobs...
Lolli doesn't need a time out. She needs a drop kick! Mommy is the one who needs a time out. Let me sit and do nothing while someone else cleans all your sh*! off the walls!
7 comments:
Now that is some funny SHIT...I can say that and not offend because it's the truth, right!?
I do feel for you and am sorry, that would totally suck to clean up!
Someday it'll be funnier to you! :)
I'm not a parent, but I have had to clean up poopy messes on a number of occasions. NOT.FUN.
This story is seriously the BEST form of birth control I have come across, thank you so much Cal. And I am very sorry...I don't think I would have been able to do it...
gross...
At least she's cute, right?
This is absolutely hilarious. Days like this really make you wonder if you are crazy enough to do it again, huh? I miss you, glad I stay connected through this lovely blog.
Oh no! I've had some bad poops in the bath tub but I'm dreading the pooped smeared on walls & in the carpet. Too bad she is adorable so we forgive her!
Oh watching you suffer the same "shit" you put me through is pure bliss!!! Go Lollie -- make your mommy's life a living hell!!!! Then come to my house and I will shower you with candy!!
hahahaha You totally should have put yourself in time-out for being so upset, and then made Ryan clean it all up when he got home.... tell him you wanted to, but were in time-out. haha .... I thought you were going to say that she was 'coloring' with her poop, so I was happy it was only on the carpet, shoes, and Loli! :)
Post a Comment