Before I dive into my training recaps, I wanna remind everyone to visit my fundraising page. My marathon is less than 3 months away and I'm still about $1000 short of my fundraising goal. I need your help!
At the end of March, some of my teammates and I will be holding a used book sale at the Provo Library. All proceeds will go to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. If you have any books that you'd be willing to donate, please let me know and I'd be happy to come by and take them off your hands. Then, don't forget to stop by our book sale in March to replenish your library shelves with new reads!
And of course, if you'd like to make a donation directly to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, please visit my fundraising page, located here.
****************************
Gotta double up on this training post because I forgot to post the hellish 11 mile run I did 2 weeks ago up in Bountiful.

Pretty much, the Bountiful run was the most difficult run I've done. I know I said that about our Wasatch Blvd. run as well as the Gardner Village run, too, but this Bountiful run was H-A-R-D!!
Coming off the 10 miles I did in Vegas, I was super excited and eager to tackle the 12 miles we were scheduled to do in Bountiful. But little did I know, Bountiful Blvd. was packed with the steepest, longest, and rollingest hills of all time and eternity.
My game plan was to run the flats and run halfway up the steep hills and walk the rest of the way up to the peak when I got tired. 6 miles in and finally to the turn around point, I was spent. I attempted to run all the way back, but it didn't happen. I found myself not only walking the entire way up every hill but also walking many of the flats as well. I probably walked about 2 of the 5 miles on the way back.

Yeah, that's right 5, not 6. We were supposed to run 12 but by the time we got back to our cars at mile 11, none of us had an ounce of energy left to run the last mile. So, 11 it was.
After last week's run of death through Bountiful, yesterday's team run was a nice and
easy recovery run. We went about 4 miles down the trail and up to the point of the mountain...where we almost got blown off the the trail.
It was so windy at the point of the mountain. Dany and I kept running into each other cuz we were literally being blown over. But save for the gale force winds, yesterday's 8 miles were nice, easy, and relaxing. Thank goodness for recovery runs!

But the best part about those 8 miles? Coming back to our cars and eating birthday cake! It was one of our teammate's birthdays, and we celebrated by stealing bites from a cold, gooey, and absolutely DELICIOUS chocolate cake. Yeah, never mind that nutrition clinic we had a few weeks ago! We refuel with baked goods and Starbucks!
Happy birthday, Sabina! Thanks for sharing your special day with us!
Don't forget to visit my fundraising page and make your life saving donation today! And always, thank you for your love, generosity, and support!
No comments:
Post a Comment