I've been so super busy with work and life that I've severely neglected my blog. And, when I have had a free second to post, I'm usually posting about running. Sorry, I know that gets boring.
I wanna do a fun post about my recent trip to Vegas, but it will probably take me a while to gather my pictures and my thoughts. So in the meantime, I thought I'd steal another fun post idea from SSLA. This list entitled "Stuff I Think is Cute on Other People But Would Look Terrible on Me"
1) Strong Shoulders
An 80's era throwback but with a bit more sophistication and command. I'm not a fan of the boxier, over-sized look of the boyfriend blazer, but I do like the femininity of the Balmain and Givenchy styles. However, I have the broadest shoulders you'll ever see. (Thanks Dad.) I have no business accentuating these boulders nor
could I even find a fitted jacket that wouldn't tear to shreds anytime I flexed my lats.2) Skinny jeans
I love the idea of a skinny jean paired with adorable flats and a gorgeous, billowy, empire waist shirt. Or, to spice it up, skinny jeans and some rockin' stilettos. However, there isn't a single part of my body that'd I'd label "Skinny." So once again, I have no business squeezing my tree trunk legs into this type of denim. And don't even get me started on low-rise versions. Can anyone say, "muffin top?"
3) High-Wasited Pencil Skirts
Again, another era throwback. This time, a little reminiscent of the 1940s. But I can't seem to pull this look off cuz I don't have the right curves. Rather, I have too many curves, if you know what I mean.
4) Boots
Riding boots are my all time favorite style of boots. Complementing a crisp button-down and tailored jeans, paired with a lazy cardigan, or even worn with an airy boho-chic dress, this style of boot is one of the most versatile fashion trends. Of course, I have huge Poly calves that only dream of sporting ANY type of knee high boot. (Thanks again, Padre.) Riding boots were made for the long and lean, both of which I am not.

What are some fashion trends you wish you could pull off?
3 comments:
Oh i totally love skinny jeans and high wasted pencil skirts, i own them in hopes that someday i will magically look amazing in them
I wish I could pull off fashion period. We just don't mix. Somebody send me to "What not to wear" and get me a new wardrobe :)
BORING!!!! You should blog about running or Ry or Lolli or Rugby or something that is interesting.
Post a Comment