8.26.2009

Sweeter Than Cherry Pie




My Baby Lollipop,
This month has been so much fun! Thanks to our awesome friends Kyle and Brit, we were able to go on a road trip to San Diego again. Last year we took you to Sea World so this time we decided to visit the zoo instead. Since you're so good at animal sounds now, you had so much fun hiking around the zoo and seeing the animals in person.

But the most fun we had together was at the beach. Just like your Mommy, you're going to grow up to love water. The second we stepped foot onto the sand, you were already making a B-line for the ocean. You would have walked right into the crashing waves if I'd have let you! So instead, you spent most of your time at the water's edge, covering yourself in sand. Your favorite thing to do was dig holes in the and and wait 'til a big wave brought water crashing into into. After the sun warmed the trapped water, you climbed in the hole and relaxed in your very own hot tub! 

Another fun activity in San Diego was eating lots of yummy foods! You and I went to Heavenly Cupcakes just about every day and bought ourselves a tasty treat! We also lost ourselves in the massive meatball and mashed potato pizza from BASIC. MMMM!!!!!! A not so gourmet meal that you enjoyed was a bowl of chocolatey coco pebbles cereal. When we got home from San Diego, I bought you your very own bag of coco pebbles and Daddy got mad. "Too much sugar!" Well, he didn't seem to mind when I brought you home your very own chocolate dip cone from Dairy Queen the other day!

Little Lolli, you are growing up so quickly. Next month, you'll be in nursery...and we can't wait! Since church is right during your nap time, it's hard to sit through all three of our meetings with you wanting to run all over the place and laugh out loud. But nursery will be so fun for you. Your such a happy little girl and you love playing with toys and with other children. We're so blessed to have such a high-spirited and smiley girl like you! 

Though you're getting older, you still haven't grown out of cuddling. Out of nowhere, you'll come up to me, put your face in mine and give me a kiss. Or, you'll crawl up next to me on the couch, throw your arms around my neck, and give me a good squeeze. I hope you never grow out of cuddling, Lolli. I love your warm hugs and I love your sweet kisses! But most of all, I just love my girl. 

Your Daddy and I are so proud of the things your learning and the big girl that you're becoming. I hope that as you to grow, you will keep that smile on your face and continue to find happiness in all you do. I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be. 

xoxo
Mommy

1 comment:

Wes and Lindsay said...

Oh my! Your little girl is such a doll! Last time I saw you, you were pregnant with her. I bet she is just so much fun. Congrats! I know way late.