Try this on for size:
Imagine that the world is about to come to an end tomorrow and you've said goodbye to all your loved ones. As you sit on your bed about to sleep for the last time, a genie comes out of nowhere and tells you that he will prepare a feast for you. List everything you want to eat and he will give it to you. Your stomach will temporarily become bottomless and it will be like a buffet; you can eat as much as you want. There will be no guilt for anything. Time will stand still until you're done eating. What will you want to have?
In no particular order:

Saimin - but only real kind Saimin. Like Zippy's...mmm! Not stupid Top Ramen, although I already do eat that pretty much every day
Manapua - Huge, fat, steamed ones with char siu inside. Like the kind you can get at 7-11 in Hawaii.
Sushi - Preferably something with Hamachi, tempura shrimp, lots of yummy sauces, and just a touch of ginger and wasabi
Lemon Bars - After sampling many a lemon bar across the land, I must say that I prefer my
own lemon bars above all else. Go figure!Mochi Ice Cream - Either chocolate or mango flavored from Trader Joe's
Mangos - aka the fruit from the Tree of Life
Gummy Worms - I only like certain kinds of g-Dubs. They can't be those cheap kind. Black Forrest makes pretty decent ones. I like leaving the package open or sticking them in the freezer and wait for them to get
hard. It's the best way to eat them!
Hot Pots - Who knew that Utah County would be home to one of the best meals on earth?!? Thank the heavens for Four Seasons Hot Pots and Dumplings

Spam Musubi - Once again, the best is just straight from the 7-11 counter in Hawaii, but thankfully we've got an L&L BBQ in Provo that does a pretty decent musubi. But really, is it that hard to make??
Shrimp Fajitas - Mi Ranchito in Orem has the BASTE shrimp fajitas. The shrimpies are so plump and succulent and grilled up with the most delicious sweet onions and bell peppers. And the portion they serve is big enough for two...although I'd never share
Brownie Batter - Not brownie batter ice cream, not brownie batter blizzard. I'm talking straight up brownie batter. The stuff you prepare and then pour into the pan before putting it in the oven to bake. I LOVE brownie batter! Why ruin a perfectly good treat by cooking it?!

Dim Sum - And then some!!! I can't wait to get back to Las Vegas next Friday and hit up the dim sum carts off of Sahara. Except, I'll pass on the chicken feet.
I'm sure I'm forgetting to add some delectable treat to this list. But just looking at these items, my mouth is already watering.
What about you? What foods make you salivate just by thinking of them? What foods would be on your list?
3 comments:
Now i'm starving! And definitely going to try the spam musubi from L&L. Thanks for good ideas Cali!
Rice cake and anything mochi!!! Oh and Ben and Jerry's New York Super Chunk Fudge. (BTW - fix your typos)
I'm glad people are still doing this because I actually want to make a new list.
I LOVE mangos. They're my favorite fruit and probably my favorite flavor for just about anything.
Post a Comment