7.08.2009

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice


My Sweet Lolli,

Over these past few months, you have grown into both a terror and a delight. Since learning how to walk, you have discovered an array of mischief to get yourself in to. There’s no toilet paper roll or pile of folded clothes that’s safe from your demolition! And poor Moku Bear…he takes a beating from you on a daily basis! You love your brother, but you also love torturing him! He’s so nice and sweet to let you tug on his tail, whack him with slippers, and dump out all his food and water. But no matter how much abuse you render, Moku still wants to be your best friend. The two of you have so much fun together in the laundry room. It’ll be silent in there for a minute and I’ll wonder what trouble the two of you are getting into. But, when I come in to check on you, you’re just sitting there staring at Moku, laughing hysterically as he’s wagging his tail. I don’t know what you two find so funny in one another, I’m just glad you get along so well.

Aside from playing with Moku, you still love to read. Your favorite book is Baby Einstein’s What’s Bigger Than Me? You’ll sit forever and read that book, or you’ll chase me and Daddy around the house, begging us to read it to you. Your favorite thing to do is go through the book and point out all the animals and make their noises. So far, you can do a snake, chicken, kitty, and duck. My favorite animal to see you do is a puppy. You stick your tongue out just like Moku and pant. It’s so silly!!

In addition to animal noises, you have also started learning your body parts. When you watch Baby Davinci, you love singing Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes and you’ve actually almost got all of those body parts down. So far you know head, eyes, toes, piko, and bum bum. And since you’re so smart, it’s only a matter of time before you learn everything else.

I can’t believe how quickly you’re picking things up. You’ve become such a smart and independent little girl that I’m already beginning to miss my little baby. These days, you’re just too busy and curious to sit still for one moment and let Mommy snuggle you. Though, every now and then, you’ll crawl up my legs, onto my tummy, and wrap your arms around my neck and cuddle. When you get sleepy, you still like me to rock you in my arms and sing songs. Of course, our favorites to sing are “Truly Scrumptious” and “Somewhere Over the Rainbow,” and as you grow, I hope you’ll continue to foster your love for music.

Daddy and I both know that you are full of potential and will grow to be a very bright and talented young lady. Just know how much we love you and that we will support you in anything you choose to do. You’ve been a blessing in our lives and we only hope to be great examples in yours.

I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you for always. As long as I’m living, my baby you’ll be.

xoxo
Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, I love that book. I read it to Rocky often...