3.02.2009





Police beat for Feb. 25, 2009

Suspicious Activity

Feb. 18 A woman at Wymount Park requested that an officer help her get her money back from the male solicitors selling magazines. She said before she realized, she wrote a $65 check for a subscription. The officer directed her to cancel the check.

Feb. 20 An employee arrived to her office in the J. Reuben Clark Building to find her month’s worth of mail gone. It is unknown if the mail was stolen or misplaced.

Feb. 21 Grounds workers reported students tying a tight rope around the trees west of Bowen Hall. Students complied when asked to leave.

Feb. 23 An employee in the BYU Bookstore called police to report a student violating Bookstore policy on the text floor by studying out of a textbook. The male was asked to leave and he refused. The suspect was gone when police arrived.

Unfounded Theft

Feb. 23 A student reported his scooter stolen, but found that his roommate had moved it.


2009 BYU NewsNet





Oh Daily Universe...I'm so glad to know that you and the BYU campus police are keeping our streets safe from unlawful text book readers and magazine salesmen. I never knew Provo was such a hot spot for criminal activity.

3 comments:

beckie said...

Haha. My husband loves these. The best one we have on the fridge is (paraphrase)
Students were caught vandalizing with magic markers, they were writing words like "poop" and "poopie"

SERIOUSLY? Provo is the best.

Oh and the one my freshmen year where some creepy man was stealing women's underwear from heritage halls laundry rooms. My building!

Anonymous said...

Lmao! I wish we got police updates like that here.

My favourite one is the magazine subscription one under "Suspicious Activity." :P

Stefanie said...

So... one time I was in Police Beat. Did I ever tell you that?