
Since I'm at the hospital for one more night, and I've gotta find a way to keep myself entertained, I thought I'd catch up on some blogging.
A few weeks ago, we attended the Draper Temple Open House. I was kind of dreading it cuz we had babies in tow and all of Mom's
coworkers said that there were crazy long lines. So we headed up there, ready for a horrible day with crying, screaming babies and achy backs and legs. Turns out, all of Mom's coworkers were liars. We did have to wait in a few lines, and it was a little stuffy in some parts, but things tended to move right along.The temple was beautiful, of course, and there were some awesome cookies as refreshments afterward. To this day, Ryan is still angry that he didn't grab more cookies. He thought they were divine...probably because he was dying of starvation...we all were.
So with our hunger pains and light wallets, we decided to skip on over the freeway to Ikea for a cheap lunch.
Did you know that Wednesday is rib night at Ikea?!?!? For only $7.99 you can stuff your face with a 1/2 rack, fries, and corn bread. Sounds like a caloric nightmare. MMMMM!!!!Sadly, we were there on a Saturday. So, I settled for the Swedish meatball combo instead. But, as Ryan was pissed he didn't grab more cookies at the temple, I'm still ticked that I didn't pick up a fresh cinnimon roll at the Bistro/Exit Cafe on the way out.
Seriously...I love food...
After what seemed like 9 hours of walking through each 360 sq. ft. living space, rocking on all the see-saws, hugging various stuffed animals, trying on numerous masks, and doning every Chaquita Banana hat...we finally loaded up the cars and headed back home. But not before we dropped $50 on stuff we probably didn't need...like
our lucky bamboo shoot!Ikea is like Walmart; you go in to buy one gallon of milk, and next thing you know, you've dropped $696 on a Better Homes and Garden Lake in the Woods 5 piece patio dinning set. They get you every time.
4 comments:
Haha, I love IKEA. Their stuff is irresistible.
Who doesn't love food?? I think I may have started drooling at the description of Wednesday rib night.
I hope your daughter continues to recover smoothly. The whole hospital ordeal sounds so scary to me!
Man you guys had a sweet day sounds like a dream day! Ikea gets me everytime! Hopefully your lil lolli gets better man those pics are soo sad!
Oh man, what a crazy for you guys. But Lolly sure does make a cute little bunny. Wait a second, is she the really real Easter bunny? I thought I saw her hopping along my window. So, pretty sure we should have a family home evening sometime to work out all the kinks so you feel better about the move. It's worth a shot right?
Wow 7.99 ribs is awesome.... I loveee ribs! Especially the juicy ones that come right off the bone. Mmm. I live for food. I think we all should! =P
Post a Comment