My aunt Cheryl and her husband Mike had won a little vacation package to Deer Valley at a silent auction. It included some lift passes to go hiking and mountain biking, tickets to the Egyptian Theater to see Music Man and a two night stay in a condo. As Ryan and I LOVE to take vacations and play, Cheryl and Mike handed this awesome package over to us, and we couldn't have been more grateful! And apparently Lālea was just as excited to head up to Deer Valley because she was going CRAZY in her box as we loaded up the car!
We finally hauled up to our condo and realized how deluxe it was. There were 3 floors with 2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 3 balconies, a hot tub, robes, an entertainment system, flat panel TVs, a fireplace...I could go on and on about the luxuries!! But our favorite luxury by far was cable TV! Since Ry and I canceled our DirecTV, we completely vegged out and just watched as much Discovery Channel as we could!!
When we weren't vegging, we were eating.
Lollipop enjoyed the table
while Ryan and I enjoyed a tastier fare.
And since the Huntsmaniacs are our best buds, we invited them to come up and party with us, too. Lolli was so happy to have her Keizya baby with her...and all of Keizya's new toys!
On our final day in Deer Valley, one of the best things happened to me; I saw Twilight.

And I was pleasantly surprised at how hot Cedric Diggory appeared in this movie. But I didn't fall in love with just him, since I'd prefer it if he'd have been a little more beefier, but I did fall in love with James. I mean, come on. Who wouldn't love this?!?!?

But honestly, I didn't think the movie was that great. I enjoyed it since I had read all the books, but I think it could have been a lot more epic and amazing. As a little treat, I found someone's husband's rendition of Twilight. And I must say, while I'm a fan of the saga, this rendition of the story is pretty dang funny!!!
Edward: I hate Bella.
Bella: I love Edward. Oh his eyes! What should I do? Whine, whine, whine.
Edward: OK, I don't hate you, I just have no self-control (typical guy), oh, and I want to kill you.
Bella: I love Edward. Oh his eyes! What should I do? Whine, whine, whine.
Jacob: I love Bella too, but I want to kill her. And Edward.
Edward: I want to kill Jacob.
Bella: I love Edward and Jacob. Oh their eyes! What should I do? I know, I'll lead both of them on and just whine the entire time.
Edward: Look, I'm shiny!
Jacob: Look, I'm strong!
Bella: Whine, Whine Whine.
Oh, and while Nikki and I were watching Twilight, the boys were watching Quantam of Solice. I bet their movie didn't have anyone sparkling and climbing up trees like freakin' spider monkeys. I'm pretty sure we picked the better movie. Either way, we had an AWESOME time and are so appreciative of Aunt Cheryl and Mike for the great gift!
1 comment:
Wow what a great mini vaycay! awesome! So if you love twilight parodies you will love this! seriously watch this twilight christmas spoof it will make you laugh so hard! http://www.take180.com/s/ep5l7
Post a Comment