12.23.2008

Icon and APX and Pinnacle, oh my!


I recently spoke to one of my good friends and learned that she had just been laid off from her job at Icon Security. While I was shocked to hear that my friend was out of a job, I wasn't surprised that Icon would do such a thing. In fact, this type of ruthless behavior is customary Icon form.

I worked for Icon Security for about a year and a half. In retrospect, that was a year and a half too long! Never have I been treated so poorly at a job before. Don't ask me why I stuck around for as long as I did. I guess I was just lazy. Either way, I will NEVER work for a summer sales company ever again!

The entire company was filled with liars and con artists. Even the owners were unreliable and untrustworthy. The owners would bend over backwards for their blessed sales reps, but would treat the operations team like crap. I had finally had enough after a sales manager went off on me and told me that he was so much better than me and that I was incompetent. Incompetent? Really? That's why you're the one screwing up all the paperwork and lying to customers, leaving me to clean up your messes? That's why I'm dealing with hundreds of Better Business Bureau complaints and even law suits with your name tacked all over them?? He was just pissed because I had finally called him out on his shady business practices.

After the rep went off on me, I took the matter to the operations manager, who in turn, took it to the owners. The owners didn't say one thing about it. And you know what? That's fine. The owners can let their reps walk all over them, but I had no loyalty to them or to their corrupt company. I had been backing these lying reps for way too long. And what was my reward for cleaning up these dishonest business deals? By getting yelled at by a hothead college drop-out rep that thinks he's cool 'cause he drives a BMW. Get a real job, you freakin' douche bag.

And let it be known that Icon Security has jumped on the emergency bailout bandwagon. Since they couldn't manage their money well, they didn't have the funds for another summer and the bank declined their request for a loan. So, the company is being taken over by Pinnacle. HAHAHAHAHA!!! Serves them right!

To further emphasize Icon's malfeasance, check out the investigative report that KSL did on them. And take a look at the reader comments, too. They're hilarious!

1 comment:

LC said...

OH my GOSH! So I watched the news story and read that article on Icon. THat is so BAD! I wonder who the sales rep was that got them into that mess. I noticed the story didn't mention the merger at all. THe story was posted at the end of November. I guess KSL didn't know about that. It wouldve made Icon look even worse. I;m glad you posted the link to that. Very interesting...