3.30.2012

Fitness Level: Spandex


It's official: I can stop exercising and working out for I have achieved the ultimate fitness accomplishment.

The other night at my volleyball game, at girl on the opposing team reaches under the net, grabs my arm and says,

"I wish I could wear spandex like you. Me and [team mate] were talking and saying how we wish we could look as good as you do in spandex."

I couldn't even respond. I was in shock...I still am.

I mean, it's no big surprise that girls be wantin' to look like and be me. That's just what happens when you're so totally awesome like I am. Everybody be wantin' a piece. It's just the cross I bear.

But let's get real, spandex isn't a fashion choice. Rather, it's an athletic necessity. When I wear them in volleyball, I'm praying to the gods that people are focusing on my awesome setting skills and not the dimples in my butt cheeks, so accentuated by the cling of synthetic fiber.

I guess I must have been sucking in extra hard or something during my volleyball game cuz for whatever reason, these girls thought I was toned, tight, and lookin' right in my hot pants. And to my credit, I have been working out a lot lately. The 4 week boot camp I just finished up almost killed me with the amount of squats and lunges we did.

I guess if anyone is gonna rock the hell outta a pair of spankies, it might as well be me.

3 comments:

silverneurotic said...

Haha, you go girl! I bet you do look great!

Amy said...

LOL.
1. I'm sure you look hot as hell in spandex (working out or not). I know I need to work out just so I don't get "asian flat ass" syndrome.

2. I have been updating my site/layout for the past hour or two and it's 3 AM and you're already on it and commenting?!?! AHHH!! <3 hahah.

Loving the new side pic too!!

Katy said...

Congrats!! Compliments on how fit you are definitely feel good. Keep it it and you'll be getting LOTS more. :)