3.27.2012

The Help


Being a stay-at-home mom has some awesome perks, but there are always two sides to every coin.

Apparently being a SAHM is synonymous with being a maid cuz people in my house be thinkin' I just LIVE to clean up their messes!!

Some chores in particular are worse than others.

Doing the Dishes
Mostly this dishes suck because you are never done. Especially in my house, where my husband completely ignores/avoids/disregards the empty dishwasher and instead, dumps his plate and silverware right into the sink.

Um, HELLO!! It would have taken you a total of 5 extra seconds to rinse your dishes and place them in the washer.

And when I catch him in the act and flip my lid, his response is, "Oh, it's SO hard for you to put them in the washer. You don't have to get so mad!" Apparently it IS hard if you can't do it!!! And you call yourself an MBA...

Preparing Meals
I used to absolutely detest cooking. Mostly because I didn't really know how. But now, with thanks to Pinterest, I've learned me some recipes and have moved on from loathing to cook to just being mildly inconvenienced by it. Still, it's a pain in the butt when I've spent forever making a meal and then nobody eats it. Whether you don't like what I made or you've already eaten, you'd better finish that plate! I did not just spend 2 hours, dirtying every pot in my kitchen to make a meal for nobody to eat!!

And even worse, I'm the only one in my house who eats leftovers. Husband says it's cuz he doesn't like eating the same thing two days in a row, but then I'm the one eating all the leftovers for like 5 days in a row just so it doesn't go to waste. Don't be complaining to me that i didn't pack you a lunch for work when there are 5 Tupperwares in the fridge full of leftovers.

Cleaning the Bathroom
Do I really need to explain why this chore sucks?? Eww.

But the worst chore of all time??? All the other little things you will spend hours of your life doing that no one will recognize, appreciate, or give you credit for doing. So is the life of a stay-at-home mom.

Whether you're a stay-at-home mom/dad or not, what are some of your most loathsome chores??

5 comments:

silverneurotic said...

Vacuuming is a chore that seems never ending for me as well. It's not quite as bad if you don't have pets, but since we do more times then not, five minutes after I've but the vacuum away there's dog hair all over the place too.

Gnetch said...

Aside from cleaning the bathroom? I hate, hate, HATE washing the dishes. And cooking. And ironing.

Okay, I hate doing chores.

But yeah, I'm really amazed that you can do all of it. I need to draw you a SuperMom costume. Like really!

Gina Driggers said...

Because I work part-time, its my job to do everything in the house. Which I don't mind too much most days, its when BJ makes a mess and refuses to pick up. His excuse? "I'm tired from working all day" ugh!!
So my least favorite chore most days is "sexy time".
Oh you want me to cook, clean, change all diapers, bring in extra income AND have freshly shaven legs and be up to climbing on top of you and doing all THAT work at the end of the day??? I dont think so!

Katy said...

I'm living alone right now and I actually enjoy doing all these things... because I'm doing it for myself. Once I start a family or something though I know I'll be constantly pulling my hair out.

Lorraine said...

Honey you are NOT alone! I too am guilty of being the only person in my household who consumes leftovers. You however have a perk over me, a dishwasher. I have 2 boys to clean up after and I wash everything by hand. Suck it up baby!