3.06.2012

Cast in Bronze

As a warning, I'm sure nobody will find the following story amusing or humorous. It was really one of those you-had-to-be-there type moments. Plus, it's rife with inside jokes so many people won't enjoy it to the fullest extent anyways. BUT ALAS!!! I record this story for my family's and our posterity's sake!

With that said, our dinner conversation the other night at Mom's house revolved around funerals. Below is the mostly true dialogue that followed:

Grandma: "I just want to be cremated"

Mom: "I want to be cremated, too, and be sprinkled up in the mountains somewhere."

Me: "I want to be cast in bronze and displayed in a mausoleum! Shoot! I want to be displayed as the dining room centerpiece so you can all admire me even after death!"

Mom: "Yeah, okay. I'll just take you to Sierra West and ask 'Can you dip this for me please?'"

Me: "No, Argento!"

Christopher: "We'll probably just end up selling you down at Check City"

Mom: "So we can buy a coffee at McDonalds"

Me: "Or the cheap stack of pancakes at Village Inn."

Mom: "Or just the free pancakes at IHOP."

And...SCENE!

See? Told you you probably wouldn't find it too amusing. But of course my family, we all think we're the most hilarious people in the entire history of comedy.

Guess you just had to be there.

No comments: