4.25.2011

T-Minus 2 days

I am leaving to Europe in 2 days. I'm totally freaking out...and not in a good way.

I wasn't supposed to leave until Friday the 30th, but after perusing the TravelNet site to check on my standby status, I realized that there's a good chance I might not make it on my flights. May 1st is obviously Labor Day and I guess everybody is going to Venice to celebrate. Nearly all the flights are full and with a standby list of like a billion people. So, I had a melt down.

This was seriously one of the worst weekends ever. My husband leaves me, there's a possibility I can't make it to Europe, my dog runs away, and there's way too much Easter candy and goodies to resist. What's a girl to do?!!??

Well, after a frantic call to Ry's step-mom, she assured me that everything would be ok with the flights. I just can't keep looking at TravelNet or else I'd freak myself out. Too late. But she did rearrange my flights to head out earlier. That way, if I do miss some flights, I'll have a few more days to try and get on another one before the 2nd. But again, she reassured me and didn't seem too concerned about it so I think now I'll be all right. Just gotta take deep breaths.

Could you imagine, though? Nearly 4 months of planning and a bajillion dollars already spent on this trip and there's a possibility that it might not even happen for me?? Oh. Em. Gee. I can't think about it anymore. I'm gonna make myself sick.

Everyone, please cross your fingers, send good vibes, and pray for me. Positive affirmations. I'm going to make these flights. I'm going to make these flights. I'm going to make these flights.

1 comment:

Gnetch said...

I'm too late in reading this. Did you make it? Hope you did. :)