4.04.2011

Ramblings

1) A few weeks ago, I bought a month's membership for Sweaty Chix Fitness on Groupon. Sweaty Chix is AWESOME! They offer lots of different fitness classes like Cardio Drench, Yoga, and Zumba. But my all time favorite classes are Hip Hop Hustle and Hot Hula. Of course, I love hip hop cuz you know I like to pop my booty. But have you seen the booty shakin' require for hula??!? Well, Tahitian really. But you knew I'd love me some hula...since I am Hawaiian and all. Lalea even comes to dance with me sometimes.
2) Our Eurotrip is less than a month away. I'm stressing BIG time! I'm just so nervous about our travel arrangements. I'm sure something is gonna get messed up of miscommunicated and one of us is gonna get stranded somewhere. Maybe I should have gone with a travel agent after all. But when I met with one, he seemed like and idiot and hadn't even been to Europe. He had no insider information and was only reiterating things I had already researched for myself. I actually found myself better deals than the agent was offering. Though, I guess the beauty in an agent is not having to do the research for myself anyways. It's a trade-off.

3) My family is obsessed with playing Settlers of Catan. We are now a true Utah County Mormon family. How cheesy.

4) Last month, my mom's dog got super sick and we had to put her down. So sad. We've had Pili for nearly 8 years. After Mom put her down, she was going through puppy withdrawls. So, last week she picked up another. This is Rella. She's a Morkie, half Maltese half Yorkie. One of the cutest things you've ever seen!
5) I'm lacking some serious motivation. After training for almost 2 years straight, I'm starting to get burnt out on running. Running has turned into more of an obligation. I'm always proud and feel accomplished after completing a long run on Saturdays, but Friday night leading up to it, I'm so angry. I have such a bad attitude going into it because I just don't want to HAVE to do it anymore. I haven't taken my training as seriously this time around. I think I'm going to take a break after Ogden. Switch to cycling for a while. I'll still run. Maybe do some half marathons and some 10ks, but I don't think I'll do a full marathon again until after we have another baby. But with that all said, I'm still very appreciative of everyone's support, encouragement, and generosity. I truly wouldn't have gotten this far without your help. Thanks a million!



2 comments:

Elaine said...

She's SO cute.
EUROPE?!? Totally jealin.
We love Settlers too.
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's dog :(. But she got a new friend :) And she's adorable.
YOU CAN DO IT. I hate running now. Because I suck.

Mackenzie said...

holy moly! europe is sneaking up so quickly for you! you must promise to document it, yes? someone
s got to live vicariously through you, and that person is me :)