You know that I am now obsessed with makeup and beauty tutorials on YouTube. The other night, I was watching the following hair tutorial, trying to figure out what to do with this nasty greasy hair I haven't washed in about 3 days.
The hairstyle was really cute and looked super easy. So, I decided to attempt it not expecting much.
I'm not too good at doing my own hair. I can twist, braid, and part Lolli's hair like a freakin' black girl, but when it comes to doing my own I'm no bueno. I blow dry and flat iron my hair then let it hang down limply with no shape or movement. If I'm feeling kinda saucy, I'll maybe throw on a head band or bobby pin a section of it back off my face , but that's about as fancy as I get.
So after pinning, curling, spraying, and teasing for about 30 minutes, I finally got my hair looking similar to the hairstyle shown in the tutorial. I topped of the style with a big ass flower and went on my merry way, very pleased with myself. I felt fierce!
That night when I got home, I changed into jammies but decided to leave my hair up just so I could admire it for a little while longer.
Ry gets home and I go up to hug him. He looks at my makeup and tells me I'm getting all kinds of crazy with my eyeshadow and stuff. (He's not really a big fan of lots of make up.) I kinda get disheartened because I actually spent a long time perfecting my makeup that evening. But then, without any prompting, Ry twirls a loose strand of my hair and says, "You're hair looks really good, though. I like it."
And just like that, I was giddy.
But wait. Does that mean Ry now expects me to always do my hair? Did I just inadvertently raise the bar?
Damn. I hate being so insanely hot sometimes.
5 comments:
You should have taken a picture!
oh nice, ever thought about watching You Tube for hair things, well not that I do for anything really. Betta try it out now!
gurlll, git it! that's such a cute hairstyle! i wish my hair was long enough to pull it off! so sassy.
So cute! I'll have to try that hair style out too..
www.clothedmuch.com
It looked very cute. You should do it again even though it took 762 pins to create the "carefree" style
Post a Comment