10.11.2010

Hacking into the main frame

Remember 10 years ago when everyone used American Online? Remember AOL instant messenger? Yeah, I had an account back in the day...prior to Facebook, Twitter, and all the other way more efficient social networking sites.

Like many of you, I dropped AOL for Myspace and hadn't signed in once in at least the past 7 years. Seriously. I think the last time I used AOL was when I was a freshman at BYU.

I had all but forgotten about my AOL days until just last week; my husband said he received an email from good ol' hawinstyle@aim.com...my husband, along with my aunt, friends, cousins, and old room mates. Yup, a mass email from hawinstyle@aim.com advertising Canadian Viagra.

Damn hackers. You've forced me to go into all my online accounts and change my user names and passwords. Though, I hear you're supposed to do that every few months anyways, right? Huh, who knew?!

So to whoever hacked into hawinstyle@aim.com, knock it off! You're very inconvenient!

2 comments:

Nikki Neurotic said...

I'm really terrible with changing my own passwords and such. Probably not a good thing at all.

Tutu said...

Yeah I received several of those emails from your account.