10.23.2010

The Browns

What do two girls, obsessed with reality shows, do when they're bored? Why, they take a Sister Wives tour, of course!

My friend Shauna told me we needed to go stalk the Sister Wives clan. And, I mean, why wouldn't we when they only live 15 minutes away? So she gets online and Googles the address for Kody Brown in Lehi. Just like that, an address pops up. Shauna doesn't believe her luck and calls her friend who happens to live only 2 blocks away from the Plygs. She verifies the address with him and low and behold, it's the correct address!

Next thing you know...
Yup. That's definitely Shauna standing in front of the Brown's house.

Next, it's my turn to take a picture, but just as I'm approaching the yard, 2 freaking guard dogs come running out after us. I literally just about peed my pants. I seriously thought I was gonna die that day; eaten by dogs in the middle of Polygamist land. Just as I resigned myself to being attacked, an SUV of two other curious girls drove up next to us and frightened off the rabid beasts. Thank you Grilled Cheesus!

The girls in the SUV started giggling, knowing full well that Shauna and I were snooping...so were they! But they asked us,

"Did you see her?"

"What? Who?!"

"It was Christine!"

Apparently, while we were running for our lives from Cujo, Christine had come outside to meet the Roto Rooter guy who had just pulled up to the house.

By the time I got up the nerve to go back to the house for a picture, she was already back inside. Damn! So close!

Oh, hey Kody! Hey Christine and your 57 kids!

We ended our tour by visiting Flour Girls and Dough Boys. You'd recognize it as the bakery Kody and the wives went to to taste cakes for Robyn's wedding. You know, the one where all the wives closed their eyes to vote on their favorite cake and then Kody started dancing like an idiot? Yeah, we even sat at that exact same table, right below the big canvas painting of Audrey Hepburn.

Oh, and the picture of the disclaimer from the previous teaser post was posted at the cash register of the bakery. Just as we walked up to pay for our delicious shortbread cookies, the customer ahead of us, an elderly woman, looked at the disclaimer and started talking to the bakery employee about how "silly" all those Polygamists are. Bahahahahahahaha!!!!

So if you're ever in town and wanna take the tour, let me know! I'll drive you out to the compound for your own picture, but make sure to bring some dog treats.





4 comments:

Nikki Neurotic said...

I've never seen Sister Wives before...but maybe I have to break the no reality television rule and at least see ONE episode.

Tutu said...

So hilarious Clairee!! You didn't tell me about the near mad dog attack. I don't care anything about the show, nor will I ever watch it or go to see their stupid house unless I were there to throw eggs and poo at it, but I would however love to get a tasty treat from the bakery. Can we go sometime?

Skyler, Alli, Maddux & Little Miss Peyton! said...

You are hilarious! I love that show and watched every episode! Too bad we didn't go there when I came out! poop! ;)

Elaine said...

That's so crazy.. I haven't watched the show. It's kinda sick!

www.clothedmuch.com