Making the bed
If there's one single weapon in your housekeeping arsenal, it should be making the bed. This simple task can completely transform a room in mere minutes from a war zone into a relaxing sanctuary.

Vacuuming
Just like making the bed, vacuuming instantly makes any room look 75% cleaner. Plus, the little lines left behind on the carpet from the push and pull action of the vacuum can be strategically manipulated into cool designs!
Doing laundry
Doing laundry is the simplest task ever. You just take a bunch of like-colored clothes and throw them in the drum, add some soap, and let the washing machine do the rest. But the absolute best part of doing laundry involves the dryer. Have you ever just stuck your face into a freshly dried pile of linen? The warmness and softness of the fabrics reminds me of what it must have been like to be in the womb. So soft and cozy...minus all that placenta juice and crap. And even more fun is changing the lint trap. I love love LOVE seeing how much lint gets caught in that thing after each load of laundry. There's something so satisfying about peeling that purple, fluff-ball mass away from the screen. Almost like popping a zit!
So if you're not feeling like the best of homemakers and/or you've got company coming over in 10 minutes and your house is a mess, vacuum and make the beds. You and your guests will be amazed at how clean your house looks after doing just those 2 chores. And if you're still feeling horrible about your lack of domestic skills? Go shove your head in a fresh pile of laundry. It'll make you feel better!
5 comments:
I probably would enjoy vacuuming more, but my mother has a german shepard. A long hair german shepard and as soon as I finish vacuuming, I turn around and there is dog fur all over again.
Good thing I love the beast.
mmmmm I love the smell and feel of fresh laundry! But putting those clotes away is my least favorite chore.
Man you're weird! But yes, it's so true. Making the bed and vacuuming...two very therapeutic and satisfying chores. If I make the bed before I leave my room in the morning, it's bound to be a good day. Vacuuming really is therapeutic for me...sucking away all dirtiness in my house and trapping it in one small container...wish I could do that with life in general...I wonder what that kind of vacuum would look like? Maybe a UFO? I want one!
How is life not working? Did you like your replacement? You'll have to let me know- we should get together for lunch. I am in SLC-- long story but we'll be here for a while.
Who are you and what have you done with my daughter???
Post a Comment