9.26.2010

Too Dirty to Clean My Act Up

Yesterday I joined the throngs of other crazy nut cases to participate in Utah's first ever Dirty Dash--or what I like to refer to it as, The Dirty.

A 10k obstacle course up at Soldier Hollow that involved hurdling over hay bales, wading through knee-deep muck, throwing ourselves over walls to the finish line where we had to crawl through a soupy mud pit. And those were the easy parts of the course!

Most of the course was uphill. And being at such a high altitude and having a cold on top of that, I thought I was gonna die. I swear it was the longest 6
miles of my life! I had to walk a lot of it. But not to worry, so did most of the other participants. I think it took my team about 1.5 hours to finish, which talking to other Dirty Dashers, that was about the average finishing time for all the other teams.

This race was exhausting, painful, and filthy. I can't wait to do it all over again in May!!!



3 comments:

Nikki Neurotic said...

Haha, wow, that sounds like a crazy race.

Amy said...

lol. that looks awesome!!! and you obviously had a great time. =P

Elaine said...

That is so cool!! Sounds like fun :D

CLOTHED MUCH, a modest fashion blog