Well, I ended up emailing the race director to complain about not getting an award. I told him that I'm generally not bratty and whiney but since this will probably be the only award I EVER win in a race, I really really REALLY wanted that certificate to commemorate my awesomeness.
He emailed me back saying that he'd check with the other race coordinators and then get back to me. I didn't hear anything from him for about a month. Then last week, we receive a notice in our mail box saying that we had a package waiting for us at the post office. I go to the post office, wait in line for like 9 hours since they only ever have one employee working at any given time, and I finally pick up my package. I tear open the envelope and what to my wandering eyes should appear??!?!?!!???
MY AWARD CERTIFICATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's the Filly Division, you ask? Simply put, it's the plus-size division. That's right. It's a nice name for that fat girl division.Out of all the females 160+ pounds, I placed 3rd. Woo hoo! Give it up for the Fillies!!!!
I don't care what division this award is from. I'll take it!!! It's sure to be the one and only award I ever receive throughout my entire running career. Ain't gonna see me running no 1 hour 7 minute half-marathons any time soon! Shoot...
*******SIDE NOTE*******
I don't think 160 pounds is fat at all. In fact, it's TINY!!! I would love to weigh 160! Though Ryan, bless his heart, said that if I were ever 160 pounds he'd divorce me 'cause I'd look too frail and disgustingly skinny. Not to worry, Ry Guy. These Polynesian curves ain't goin' anywhere!
6 comments:
Woooooohoooooo!!!! Frilly means cute in my book.
Congrats on the award!
This was hysterical!!! They didn't award by weight did they? I thought it was age category. But way to go Filly --Bahahahahah!!!!!
lol the award is awesome!! congrats :) and no you are NOT fat. i'm just wayy too skinny but I also am like 4'10 with tiny ass bones so if it was ME that was 160, i'd be obese b/c i'm such a shorty!
congrats again and you're amazing and this will NOT be the only award you're going to win. i see many more in the future.
I agree...... not the only award you're going to win, because you, my friend, are AWESOME!!!!!!
Congratulations to Califilly!!!! lol
Congrats on the award! It's these things that keep people inspired. It really is a success for what you did. Glad you're happy!
Post a Comment