7.19.2010

Productivity

After nearly 7 years, my time at BYU is coming to an end. Between completing my undergrad and working for the math department, I've been in the BYU community since 2003 and this August will mark the end of an era.

After next month, I will be resigning from my post as queen of the math department and I'll be taking on the duties of full-time stay-at-home mom

As I'm not very domestic and short on patience, I am kinda nervous about taking on this new roll of Susie Homemaker. I hope I don't go insane or kill my child. I imagine that for the first two weeks it'll be one big party.

Sleeping in.

Lounging around in my sweats 'til 2pm.

Actually having time to get Lolli's hair combed in the morning so she doesn't look homeless for the entire rest of the day.

Not having to go to work is gonna be AWESOME!!! That is, until I get bored and tired of my child. Still, there are a few big projects that I actually look forward to completing once I've quit work.

Organizing our house
Even though we moved back to Provo like 3 months ago, we've still got a whole back room packed with boxes. I'm excited to finally get everything unpacked and organized. Plus, the husband is kind of a pack rack, so I'm excited to go through his crap and either organize or de-clutter. I'm so sick of this house having piles of paper and folders lying all over the place!

Thrifting
Since I'll be out of the job and no longer raking in the Benjamins, I'll have to be more frugal. I'm stoked to start thrifting. I've been reading a lot of blogs lately whose authors are big on finding vintage clothing pieces at consignment shops. I've tried my hand before at thrifting, but I've never really had the time to fully invest in it so I've never found anything that great. You'd better believe I'll have the time to rifle through old digs next month!

Potty Training
Ok, I don't really look forward to potty training as I'm not a fan of poopy panties. However, I swore that I would not have another child until the previous one was out of diapers. Our plan was to potty train at the beginning of this summer, but with Lolli going to Grandma's house every other day, it would have been too hard to get her on a schedule. Though, Lolli's ready to potty like a big girl. Well, really she just wants those Dora panties.

Any big projects on your to-do lists?

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I always imagine being a SAHM would be like a big PJ party too. I hope I'm not wrong.

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Kristen said...

Congrats on the job change! :P