
My Dearest Lālea,
Since the day you were born, your father and I have done nothing but smile. While it has been difficult at times to adjust to parenthood, the joy that you bring to our lives has been insurmountable. I can proudly say that you are the best thing to have ever happened to me and Daddy.
These past 7 months have been some of the hardest, sweetest, most trying, rewarding, and funniest moments I've experienced. And I'm so happy that they have all been because of you! I love how each morning, you wake up singing in your crib. You will lie there patiently, playing with your blanket, and simply coo until Mommy or Daddy comes to get you. What joy I find in peering into your crib only to be greeted by a warm smile and sparkling eyes. Daddy and I joke that you can't possibly be our child since you are such a morning person! But it's true. You're so pleasant and eager to play once you've awoken. It makes it difficult to leave you and go to work.
I also love that you've found your tongue and constantly twirl and fold it. You make some of the funniest faces! Combined with your deedle-deeing and hearty belly laughs when Moku comes around, you make me and Daddy giggle for hours! Even better is when you grab both of your feet and bring them to your mouth. Daddy will then toss you up into the air and you look just like a rugby ball! Hopefully that's a sign that you will one day grow to love the sport as much as we do!
Lately, we've been teaching you how to give kisses. Sometimes, when you're really paying attention, Mommy will say "kiss," and you'll open your mouth. But most of the time you're too distracted by all the other things going on around. So, we just smother you with kisses anyways! We're also still working on clapping. If Mommy claps her hands in front of you and says "yaaaay!" you'll grab my hands and clap along with me. But, you can't quite do it by yourself, yet. You also almost have the crawling thing down...that is, if you wanna go backwards. You get up on your hands and knees and rock back and forth, back and forth. When you finally do get around to moving, you use your arms to push yourself backwards. When you do attempt to crawl forward, you often face plant and cry for us to rescue you. It's okay that you can't crawl yet. Mommy's not ready to baby-proof the house.
As I sit here typing, you are scooting around the bedroom floor, searching for new toys and messes to make. You're so very curious and intuitive. I hope you always remain that way and grow up loving to learn and to discover new things. You are the apple of my eye, Lollipop. I already know that you have so much great potential. I only hope that you live up to your full stature as a beautiful daughter of God. I pray that you will always feel the love that Mommy, Daddy, and our Heavenly Father share for you. I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.
xoxo
Mommy
10.20.2008
All the dreams I prayed you'd be are all the things you are
I was thinking about how quickly Lālea is growing up, and I realized that I have yet to document any of her milestones. So, I've decided to steal a cute idea from my friend Katherine...who apparently stole the idea from someone else. Each month on her blog raisons d'etre , she publishes a post in the form of a letter to her daughter. Thank you, Kate. I am now adopting your idea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Who gets Lollipop's praise and glory?!!Is "The Big Uncle J" Jared, Jordan or Justin?
That was so sweet Coozle. It almost brought a tear to my eye. Lollipop is so lucky to have the Schoeny's for parents... Happy Birthday today! I love reading your blogs already because you know how to write. Could you be the author of my blog for me? I'll just tell you what I'm trying to say, and you can interpret via keyboard.
How cute! Tender~ Baby proofing is NO fun at all, but of course exciting cause your little one learned something new. Your blog Layout is way cute! Dax is like Hurley rep practically it's all the kid wears, I find the best deals on it at TJ MAXX, cheap too, they have girl Roxy stuff too! Bet you'd love it! I love your side pic way hot! & your little lollipop is perfect!
YAY! This is so sweet. I love the blog. It looks so cute so soon:)
Aw, I'm touched you stole the idea I stole :). She's so precious!!!
Post a Comment