Yesterday was my birthday...I am now closer to my mid-twenties than I was to my early twenties. I know 23 isn't old, but as I see all the freshman walking around campus, so young and naive, I can't help but examine my life and say, "Hey, you're married and have a child. You're getting old!" It's just crazy to think that I'm an actual adult. Like, someone's mom!! Weird!!!
Anyway, Monday night my family and friends met up for my birthday dinner at PF Changs. The food was good, the company, delicious. The time comes to pay for our meal...and disaster strikes. My brother-in-law asked the waitress if he could pay for my and Ryan's meals. Apparently their system couldn't accommodate adding our check onto his so instead, the waitress thought it was a better idea to split up our $40 meal into increments of $5 and add it on to the checks of everyone else sitting at the table. The waitress says, "Just so everyone knows, it's not listed on your check, but we'll be adding an additional $5.10 to everyone's checks to cover the meal of the birthday girl."
For the most part, everyone was okay with paying for my meal, but Ryan's too???? And really, you couldn't add the whole $40 on to one person's ticket, but you could add $5 to 8 people's tickets?!?!? How is that easier? Not to mention the fact that you had to run everybody's cards about 9 times and bring out 12 different receipts for people to sign. I just don't understand how the waitress thought that was a good idea. And moreover, why would you just assume that everyone was okay with covering the cost of someone else's check? Unless the guest volunteers to pay for someone else's meal, a waiter or waitress shouldn't just go around charging people's credit cards for other people's food. Was our waitress new? Was she really that stupid? Or is PF Chang's really that out of the technology loop that their systems couldn't handle combining checks? They seemed able to split them just fine. Whatever it was, it was retarded.
Thanks Stef, Ang, Mom, Grandma, Juliann, Chris, Justy, Linda, the Huntsmans, and Tay for my meal...and Ryan's, too.
3 comments:
Ha Ha! That's funny. Really, it was no problem at all, we love the Schoeny's! Happy Birthday! See you next weekend, and call Smoke if you wanna go to Sam's, I told him you wanted to go, and make sure he gets more jammies for Keizya.
Anytime!! Well maybe not anytime, but I will think about this anytime I need a good laugh! Happy birthday girl!
Yeah tanks eh!! I get "invited" to a birthday party and then end up paying for the dude who invited me!! Real nice!! I have to admit it was pretty funny. Maybe we should get that waitress do do our taxes!!
Post a Comment