2.24.2011

Bedtime Prayers and Butt Cheese

When it comes to bathroom humor, you'll find me in the corner, laughing away with the rest of the 10 year old boys. I'm crass, immodest, and not afraid to let one rip. You should know this by now.

So in an effort to be more lady like and to be a better example to Lolli, I've tried to censor the potty talk. Still, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Some of Lolli's favorite songs to sing are "Old McDonald had some poop," "Baa baa black sheep. Have you any poop?" or my personal favorite, "The itsy bitsy butt cheese went up the water spout."

While I applaud the creative license she liberally takes when performing her songs, apparently singing about poop and butt cheese isn't appropriate for a 3 year old little girl.

Yesterday, Lolli was being especially rambunctious, which led to her going to time-out for talking back and yelling at me. This episode was soon followed by a very special rendition of the humming bird song that included the following verse,

"Oh the humming poop. Oh the humming poop. Oh the humming poooooooooooop!"

Once again, Lolli was sent to time-out, as I had already told her twice that day not to sing about naughty and gross things.

As we were getting ready for bed last night, I began to help Lolli say her prayers. But as soon as I started to help her, she grumbled at me not to and demanded she say it herself. This was her exact prayer:

"Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. Thank you we can play with Mommy Daddy. Help us not talk mean on Mama. Help us not sing 'bout poo poo. Jesus Christ, Amen"

Bless her poopy little heart!

2 comments:

Tutu said...

You've outdone yourself -- this is hilarious! I laughed so hard I about shat myself.

Gina Driggers said...

Love that funny kid!! I was sing-songing these in my head in her chipmunk voice, and almost fell off the couch. My favorite one has to be "The itsy bitsy butt cheese went up the water spout." Such clever word play :)