2.07.2011

The Bearded Lady

I don't know what's going on with my hormones but over the past year or two, my face has decided to sprout a beard. Gross, right? I feel like freakin' cousin It over here.

My husband prefers to be the only one in our relationship sporting a five o' clock shadow so he splurged for some laser hair removal as a gift for me. He says, "Look! Now you can get rid of your beard and mustache!"

I should have been offended, but rather, I was relieved.

This morning, I went for my first treatment. I heard from lots of people that the procedure hurt. Those people were either all liars or wussies. It didn't hurt. It simply felt like a static electricity shock. The only thing that was a little off-putting was the smell. I could literally smell my burning skin as it was being zapped.

I'm excited to go back again, though, for my next treatment. In fact, I'd like to purchase a membership pass to do other areas of my body.

I guess I could always just dip myself in a bath of Nair, but that sounds like a bad idea.

2 comments:

Nikki Neurotic said...

I have a few scragglers on my chin but not enough to splurge for the laser treatment...just a pair of tweezers and a few well chosen curse words works for me.

Mackenzie said...

oh man, i can totally relate, sisterfriend. i have a lurking bit of hair that desperately wants to connect my eyebrows into one. it's kind of romantic, but those suckers had to go!

also also also, your comments always make me smile! :) i will gladly bottle some SF air for you if you'd like! and i apologize if the bed intruder song is now stuck in your head, home-home-homegirl.