Well, I've decided to get serious about running. I know I've said that in the past, but this time I have super motivation.
This brave little boy is Toby Wilson, one of my primary students and son of my close friend Tara. After some tough and tiring months of testing, chemo, and various treatments, Toby has made a wonderful recovery.
I know there are thousands of others out there, suffering just as Toby and his family did. By joining the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training, I aspire to help these families find hope, support, and recovery.
My goal is to run the Ogden marathon/half marathon in May 2010. Between now and then, I'll be training, gearing up mentally, and hopefully collecting donations from generous supporters.
Join the cause.
Do something good for yourself and for others.
I know there are thousands of others out there, suffering just as Toby and his family did. By joining the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Team in Training, I aspire to help these families find hope, support, and recovery.
My goal is to run the Ogden marathon/half marathon in May 2010. Between now and then, I'll be training, gearing up mentally, and hopefully collecting donations from generous supporters.
Join the cause.
Do something good for yourself and for others.
6 comments:
What a great goal to gear up towards! That's great about your 5k success!! This summer I geared up to running one & wanted to do actual official run, but got to it & never made it official oh well in time good for you cutting your time by 13mins! wow & 12lbs I've been running about 4-8 miles a day (not straight) & havent lost 1lb haha so annoyed :)
Thank you Claire!!!!!!!!! And good luck. I know you'll complete this and meet (if not exceed) your goals! You are awesome! Toby and I are so blessed and honored to be your friend!
Wow, congratulations on your success so far! And good luck with the rest of your training and preparation. I really admire what you're doing :)
That's awesome Cal! Good Luck! You can do it!
That is sooo wonderful what you are doing. Congratulations on how much you've been running! (and losing 12 lbs...wow) I need to get off my own lazy butt and do some exercise - not just for me but also for a good cause. It helps to have super motivation especially when you know you are helping families and loved ones.
let me know when you start the marathon and collecting donations!
I'm proud of you. Talk J into training with you. He is looking for a good cause.
Post a Comment